Who is your managing director? This question was once asked to this week’s guest Peter Demos. Peter is a successful restauranteur, author, and the president and CEO of Demos’ Brands and Demos Family Kitchen. From his early days as a dishwasher in his father’s restaurant to going through law school, to returning to the hospitality industry, Peter shares the wisdom he gained through his experience.
Peter’s father laid a foundation of honesty, integrity, and a solid work ethic, which Peter has instilled in his children who have also grown up in the hospitality industry. It wasn’t until 2013 that Peter came to a saving faith in Christ. After his conversion, Peter began to realize that all aspects of his life and business come under the Lordship of Christ. This has been a significant catalyst in shaping the purpose of Peter’s work, to glorify God by serving others. Peter has learned how to live in the reality that ultimately, God is the managing director of our lives.
To this end, Peter and Bobby will discuss:
- Working from the ground up in a family business.
- The importance of values such as teamwork, honesty, integrity, excellence, and a strong work ethic.
- Cultivating a workplace where employees have the opportunity to grow internally and externally.
- Navigating the process of having to terminate an employee.
- Integrating our faith and life under the Lordship of Christ.
- Navigating faith in the workplace from a legal perspective
About the guest:
Peter Demos is the president and CEO of Demos’ Brands and Demos Family Kitchen and a successful restaurateur, having founded six different Demos restaurant locations and 14 entities, including two PDK Southern Kitchen and Pantry restaurants across middle Tennessee. Demos returned to the hospitality industry after earning his law degree and is a highly requested speaker on the topics of leading with courage and purpose. Demos is a business thinker who applies his knowledge to the most important pursuit of life: God. He brings his biblical perspective and insight gained from his own struggles to guide others to truth and authenticity in a broken world. Demos is the author of “On the Duty of Christian Civil Disobedience” and “Afraid to Trust. To learn more, visit peterdemos.org.
About the host:
Following a successful career as CEO, Bobby sold his business to a publicly-traded company. In what he calls his “second half of life”, Bobby seeks to pour Biblically-based principles into growth-minded business, church, and non-profit leaders.
Through Values-Driven Leadership, Bobby serves as an Executive Coach and Training Consultant for organizations. He shares many of his principles and practices through a weekly blog, the True North Leader podcast, and through three books he has authored:
- Principled Profits: Outward Success Is an Inside Job
- True North Business: A Leader’s Guide to Extraordinary Growth and Impact
- The Freedom Paradox: Is Unbridled Freedom Dividing America?
Pause and Reflect: Who is your managing director?
- Who is your managing director?
- How do you Integrate your faith and life under the Lordship of Christ?
Related, Articles, Videos, and Podcast Episodes