Her father’s legacy of kindness has profoundly impacted the life and work of Pamela Ballard. Pamela is the Chief Executive Officer of the Community Service Council (CSC) in Tulsa, OK. After 80 years, Pamela is the first female to hold the position of CEO with the CSC. The driving motivator of the CSC is “Improving Oklahomans’ Lives through Research, Planning, and Action.” Pamela brings 31 years of management experience from the non-profit and banking sectors to her role and the mission of the CSC. The CSC serves the marginalized through numerous programs and resources. Focusing on particular demographics and the needs within those communities. The CSC offers veterans’ services, a fatherhood initiative, services to mothers and children, and a childcare resource center. Also providing a 211 non-emergency 24/7 call line for those who need help with rent, utilities, food, diapers, etc.
Arguably, the most important thing that Pamela brings to the CSC is her faith and the spiritual legacy of her father. For Pamela, a life lived in the service of others has been a lifelong journey. Shaped by the impact of her father who is a minister. He demonstrates a life devoted to and marked by Christ. Life is simultaneously adventurous and challenging, particularly in the non-profit sector. In the midst of all the needs that the CSC exists to meet, the importance of kindness and the impact that can have cannot be overstated. As Christians, we need to keep in the forefront of our lives and callings the centrality of loving God, loving ourselves, and loving others. As Pamela says, “you can’t love from an empty vessel.” When we get these things right, we can leave behind a legacy of kindness to our families, friends, work, and faith communities.
In this conversation, you will hear:
- The impact and importance of a Christ-centered legacy of kindness.
- Our speech and actions can have either positive or negative effects at home and in the workplace.
- The importance of developing leaders.
- Making hard calls to consistently walk in integrity and be in line with our mission.
- The transformative power of giving as we invest in God’s work in the world.
- How pie-baking contests and other creative events can be the means for raising awareness and fundraising.
- The greatest opportunity that non-profits, and particularly faith-based entities have is to show love in kindness.
About the guest:
About the host:
- Principled Profits: Outward Success Is an Inside Job
- True North Business: A Leader’s Guide to Extraordinary Growth and Impact
- The Freedom Paradox: Is Unbridled Freedom Dividing America?
Pause and Reflect: The Legacy of Kindness
- How are you developing your legacy of kindness with your teams?