How can we communicate the gospel effectively and faithfully in a digital age? This week’s guest is Peter Kerridge, the Chief Executive of Premier, which is the largest Christian broadcaster in the United Kingdom. Peter joins Bobby to share the story of Premier and its impact in the UK, and beyond. At its heart, Premier exists to “enable faith in everyday life and to bring Christ into every community.” Premier began as a radio station after receiving its broadcast license from the government and since 1995 has grown into a multi-media organization. Premier consistently and faithfully proclaims the gospel, through its radio programming, podcasts, news broadcast, and other resources. 2 million people per week listen to the radio broadcast, which is more than attend church in the UK. Peter sees this digital age as presenting a tremendous opportunity to communicate the gospel to impact the world for Christ.
In this episode, Peter and Bobby discuss:
- The challenges and opportunities in an age of complexity.
- How technology has been and can be a friend of the church, for the communication of the gospel.
- Helping people on their spiritual journey.
- The importance of finding a middle ground as Christians.
- How to engage with the doubting and the wounded.
- Helping people grappling with life and faith through the ministry of apologetics.
- How to be the people of God in the 21st century and re-imagining the church of the 21st century.
- The opportunity that technology presents for global involvement and influence of the church.
STOP losing your best people today, with this FREE GUIDE (a $250 value)! >>https://values-driven-leadership-llc.ck.page/8cbcb90c87
Find more great tools and resources with the Lead2Grow Academy Subscription. Learn more here ➝ www.lead2growacademy.com
About the guest:
Peter has been the Chief Executive of Premier since October 1996 and has been responsible for leading and transforming a struggling radio station into a thriving organization that is helping the UK church to communicate the gospel effectively in a digital age. He studied Theology at Oxford University and served as Assoc. Minister at Avenue Baptist Church in Southend-on-Sea before freelancing with the local radio station. He eventually became the station’s Religious and Community Affairs Manager, helping to launch local Christian radio in Essex before joining Premier as a Managing Director.
About the host:
Following a successful career as CEO, Bobby sold his business to a publicly-traded company. In what he calls his “second half of life”, Bobby seeks to pour Biblically-based principles into growth-minded business, church, and non-profit leaders.
Through Values-Driven Leadership, Bobby serves as an Executive Coach and Training Consultant for organizations. He shares many of his principles and practices through a weekly blog, the True North Leader podcast, and through three books he has authored:
- Principled Profits: Outward Success Is an Inside Job
- True North Business: A Leader’s Guide to Extraordinary Growth and Impact
- The Freedom Paradox: Is Unbridled Freedom Dividing America?
Pause and Reflect: Communicating the Gospel in a Digital Age
- What opportunities do you see technology presenting for global involvement and influence of the church?
- How are you communicating the gospel in a digital age?