Sustainable Service and Stewardship
How can you sustainably serve and steward the people God has entrusted you with? John Pellowe views his 20-year tenure as the CEO at Canadian Center for Christian Charities (CCCC) not as his career but as his calling to serve the whole church. In this episode, John reflects upon his journey. He shares the key things that he has learned in his faith and the navigation of the complexities of effectively running an organization. His first goal always is to love others as Christ has loved us. John shares with us the roles that he has stepped into over the last 20 years. From an outside hire and change agent to a builder leader, visionary, and currently as a legacy leader. John shows Christ’s followers what sustainable service and stewardship look like.
One of the things that has sustained John throughout those seasons is understanding that it’s all about God and seeking his ways. Only when that is the top priority, can a leader serve their organization and people well. The path to faithful stewardship is confidently following Christ and where he leads you!
In this episode, you’ll hear John and Bobby discuss:
- Learning how to let God lead you
- How looking to Christ sustains us as leaders and stewards
- How to be teachable and cultivate a culture of trust in your organization
- The centrality of faith in our calling
- Looking ahead to the future while faithfully serving in the present
Live Workshop with Q&A February 28th at 2pm ET: Engage Your People to Build an Irresistible Culture
Register Today >>> https://values-driven-leadership-llc.ck.page/478437b4c9
About the guest:
John Pellowe is the Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities (known as the 4 C’s). He is ordained by the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada. His passion is to equip the Church in Canada to fulfill its mission. By helping churches and Christian agencies become ever more exemplary, healthy, and effective Christian ministries. A staff of 22 people combines their expertise in legal and regulatory matters, human resources, finance, fundraising, marketing, leadership, and governance to provide a single source resource for help with running a Christian organization. Since 2003, John has led 4 C’s to expand its services and model excellence in everything that it wants Christian ministries to become.
John has an MBA from Wilfrid Laurier University, a Master of Divinity from Tyndale Seminary, and a Doctor of Ministry from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
About the host:
Following a successful career as CEO, Bobby sold his business to a publicly-traded company. In what he calls his “second half of life”, Bobby seeks to pour Biblically-based principles into growth-minded business, church, and non-profit leaders.
Through Values-Driven Leadership, Bobby serves as an Executive Coach and Training Consultant for organizations. He shares many of his principles and practices through a weekly blog, the True North Leader podcast, and through three books he has authored:
- Principled Profits: Outward Success Is an Inside Job
- True North Business: A Leader’s Guide to Extraordinary Growth and Impact
- The Freedom Paradox: Is Unbridled Freedom Dividing America?
Pause and Reflect: Sustainable Service and Stewardship
- Are you teachable as a leader?
- How are you allowing God to practically guide you each day?
Related, Articles, Videos, and Podcast Episode
- An HR Policy to Boost Morale & Effectiveness
- The “Higher” In Higher Education with Dr. Donald Sweeting
- Vision for the Future
- 5 Tips to Accomplish your Goals
Live Workshop with Q&A
Are you putting a lid on your growth? People are more indifferent and disengaged, causing them to quietly quit and take part in the Great Resignation. Learn how to engage your people to build an irresistible culture that develops passionate and thriving people. Enjoy higher-performing teams with soaring results during challenging times. We will be discussing how to,
Engage Your People to Build an Irresistible Culture
Join us as we give you practical ways and approaches to enhance relationships as you drive for results.
Join us on Zoom
- Every leader knows they need to engage their people, and we are going to tell you how.
- Get your people to start acting like they are key stakeholders in the organization
- A FREE Resource, Get Your People to Start Thinking Like Owners ($250 Value) when you register today
Register Today>>> https://values-driven-leadership-llc.ck.page/478437b4c