Garret Larsen says if your team doesn’t trust you, throw out every leadership book you own – because they won’t make a difference. Garret Larsen serves as the CEO at Camp Cho-Yeh in Livingston, TX. He has taken the organization from barely making payroll in 2012 to creating a program that will pay for itself in two years. Generate millions in the next five years, and create significant cash flow. While the numbers are impressive, that kind of growth was only possible because of the unique and healthy culture Garret propels. As a result, camp Cho-Yeh was listed as one of the best workplaces by Best Christian Workplaces. This is a big accomplishment, y’all.
In this interview, you’ll hear:
- The importance of a healthy workplace culture
- Why ministries need to get great at business to survive
- How Garret created a high-trust culture.
About the guest:
Garret Larsen serves as the CEO at Camp Cho-Yeh in Livingston, TX. Formed and forged by the ministries of Deerfoot Lodge and Camp-of-the-Woods. Garret is an entrepreneurial leader with a passion for deepening and growing the reach of camp ministry. With a bachelor’s degree from Messiah University and an MDiv from Princeton Theological Seminary, Garret joined the Cho-Yeh team in 2007. Garret also serves on the Board of Trustees at Messiah University and Deerfoot Lodge. Garret and his wife, Kelly, met at camp at the age of 12 and now have four children.
About the host:
Following a successful career as CEO, Bobby sold his business to a publicly-traded company. In what he calls his “second half of life”, Bobby seeks to pour Biblically-based principles into growth-minded business, church, and non-profit leaders.
Through Values-Driven Leadership, Bobby serves as an Executive Coach and Training Consultant for organizations. He shares many of his principles and practices through a weekly blog, the True North Leader podcast, and through three books he has authored:
- Principled Profits: Outward Success Is an Inside Job
- True North Business: A Leader’s Guide to Extraordinary Growth and Impact
- The Freedom Paradox: Is Unbridled Freedom Dividing America?
Related, Articles, Videos, and Podcast Episode
- How to Hire the Right People to Combat the Great Resignation
- Doubling the Effectiveness of Your Team
- True North Leader Episode: The Easy Path To Revenue or Trust In God? with George Green IV
- True North Leader Episode: Are Christian Leaders Called To Create Disciples At Work with Darren Shearer
Find more resources to serve you and your team at valuesdrivenculture.com